Friday, July 8, 2011

Dreaming of Lucy's DIY Dragonflies

(för svensk versionen, se nedan)

I am BLUSTing over Lucy's repurposed dragonflies. Seriously. Have you seen her gorgeous DIY creatures?




  OH -  how I wish I could sit and create with her.




These little guys are beach-bound!




And Lucy's dragonflies have the sweetest eyes...I think I could stare at them all day!




Lucy's generosity doesn't stop with simply giving us this inspiration - she also gives us a tutorial for how to do them ourselves! Thanks, Lucy!



And even though we don't have an official group here in Sweden, you can be sure that I'll venture out to one of my favorite thrift stores tomorrow - with my one-woman show of support for Mr. Goodwill Hunting's "I <3 Thrifting" event. And guess what will be on my scavenger list??? Wooden table legs and fan blades. Wish me luck!

Until next time...
Michael




Jag är BLUSTing över Lucys repurposed trollsländor. Allvarligt. Har du sett hennes underbara DIY varelser? OH - jag önskar att jag kunde sitta och skapa med henne.
Dessa små killar åker till stranden
Och Lucys trollsländor har sötaste ögonen ... Jag kunde stirra på dem hela dagen!


Och även om vi inte har en officiell grupp här i Sverige kan du vara säker på att jag ska våga sig ut till en av mina favorit secondhand butiker i morgon - med min 'en-kvinna show' att visa stöd för Mr. Goodwill Huntings "I <3 Thrifting" händelse. Och gissa vad som kommer att på min lista?? Träben och fläktblad. Önska mig lycka till!

Tills nästa gång...
Michael

2 comments:

  1. I'm in total agreement with you - she is so imaginative and these dragonflies are wonderful :) So fell in love with the button eyes too! xoxo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea how much these wood sell for?

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com